I’m slowly getting caught back up. Hopefully I can get back to making the “Friday Paper Posts” on actual Fridays for the last few weeks of the year!
1) Ultrafast endocytosis at mouse hippocampal synapses Shigeki Watanabe, Benjamin R. Rost, Marcial Camacho-Perez, M. Wayne Davis, Berit Sohl-Kielczynski, Christian Rosenmund & Erik M. Jorgensen; Nature 2013 (link)
2) Perturbed neural activity disrupts cerebral angiogenesis during a postnatal critical period Christina Whiteus, Catarina Freitas & Jaime Grutzendler ; Nature 2013 (link)
3) Modelling the effects of subjective and objective decision making in scientific peer review In-Uck Park, Mike W. Peacey & Marcus R. Munafò ; Nature 2013 (link)
- Peer reviewers urged to speak their minds Richard Van Noorden ; Nature 2013 (link)
4) Parental olfactory experience influences behavior and neural structure in subsequent generations Brian G Dias & Kerry J Ressler ; Nature Neuroscience 2013 (link)
- Fearful memories haunt mouse descendants Ewen Callaway ; Nature Neuroscience 2013 (link)
- Check out the comments section for very some interesting discussion about the paper!
5) Inhibition-Induced Theta Resonance in Cortical Circuits Eran Stark, Ronny Eichler, Lisa Roux, Shigeyoshi Fujisawa, Horacio G. Rotstein, and Gyorgy Buzsaki ; Neuron 2013 (link)
6) A Role for Correlated Spontaneous Activity in the Assembly of Neural Circuits Lowry A. Kirkby, Georgeann S. Sack, Alana Firl, and Marla B. Feller ; Neuron 2013 (link)
7) The Will to Persevere Induced by Electrical Stimulation of the Human Cingulate Gyrus Josef Parvizi, Vinitha Rangarajan, William R. Shirer, Nikita Desai, and Michael D. Greicius ; Neuron 2013 (link)
- Cool video from the research here.
8) Rhythmic Sampling within and between Objects despite Sustained Attention at a Cued Location Ian C. Fiebelkorn, Yuri B. Saalmann, and Sabine Kastner ; Current Biology 2013 (link)
9) Body Perception in Newborns Maria Laura Filippetti, Mark H. Johnson, Sarah Lloyd-Fox, Danica Dragovic, and Teresa Farroni ; Current Biology 2013 (link)
10) The Rules of Entrainment: Are CA1 Gamma Oscillations Externally Imposed or Locally Governed? Antonio Fernandez-Ruiz and Erik W. Schomburg ; J Neuroscience 2013 (link)
11) The Visual Representation of 3D Object Orientation in Parietal Cortex Ari Rosenberg, Noah J. Cowan, and Dora E. Angelaki ; J Neuroscience 2013 (link)
12) Hippocampus and Retrosplenial Cortex Combine Path Integration Signals for Successful Navigation Katherine R. Sherrill, Ugur M. Erdem, Robert S. Ross, Thackery I. Brown, Michael E. Hasselmo, and Chantal E. Stern ; J Neuroscience 2013 (link)
13) Independent Population Coding of Speech with Sub-Millisecond Precision Jose A. Garcia-Lazaro, Lucile A. C. Belliveau, and Nicholas A. Lesica ; J Neuroscience 2013 (link)
14) Memory Consolidation by Replay of Stimulus-Specific Neural Activity Lorena Deuker, Jan Olligs, Juergen Fell, Thorsten A. Kranz, Florian Mormann, Christian Montag, Martin Reuter, Christian E. Elger,1 and Nikolai Axmacher ; J Neuroscience 2013 (link)
15) Integration over Multiple Timescales in Primary Auditory Cortex Stephen V. David and Shihab A. Shamma ; J Neuroscience 2013 (link)
16) Working memory performance and neural activity in prefrontal cortex of peripubertal monkeys Xin Zhou, Dantong Zhu, Xue-Lian Qi, Cynthia J. Lees, Allyson J. Bennett, Emilio Salinas, Terrence R. Stanford, and Christos Constantinidis ; J Neurophys 2013 (link)
17) Recall of spatial patterns stored in a hippocampal slice by long-term potentiation Meyer B. Jackson ; J Neurophys 2013 (link)
18) Optical imaging of cortical networks via intracortical microstimulation Andrea A. Brock, Robert M. Friedman, Reuben H. Fan, and Anna W. Roe ; J Neurophys 2013 (link)
- Last but certainly not least, I fully endorse this paper from Brock et al. Really great work!