Well hello there!
It has been two whole weeks since my last post. Sorry about that. Besides being busy with things in the real world, I have been working on and off on a SUPER BIG SPECIAL blog post!
So I am almost done with Part 1 of the super special giant sized blog post and should be posting it either late tonight or sometime tomorrow.
I know what you are thinking, “Part 1 you say? So this super special blog post is so big it has more than one part to it?”
Well the answer is yes! It will be a very big blog post. So get excited. I know I am excited to share it with everyone.
In the meantime I just wanted to quickly confirm that I am not dead and throw up some papers from weeks ago.
As I mentioned I am very excited about this special blog post and I’ll go ahead and tell you that it was inspired by #1 on this list.. so please stay tuned!
1) Creating a False Memory in the Hippocampus Steve Ramirez, Xu Liu, Pei-Ann Lin, Junghyup Suh, Michele Pignatelli, Roger L. Redondo, Tomás J. Ryan, Susumu Tonegawa; Science 2013 (link)
2) An ultra-lightweight design for imperceptible plastic electronics Martin Kaltenbrunner, Tsuyoshi Sekitani, Jonathan Reeder, Tomoyuki Yokota, Kazunori Kuribara, Takeyoshi Tokuhara, Michael Drack, Reinhard Schwo ̈diauer, Ingrid Graz, Simona Bauer-Gogonea, Siegfried Bauer & Takao Someya ; Nature 2013 (link)
3) Cellular mechanisms of brain state–dependent gain modulation in visual cortex Pierre-Olivier Polack, Jonathan Friedman1 & Peyman Golshani; Nature Neuroscience 2013 (link)
4) Steady or changing? Long-term monitoring of neuronal population activity Henry Lutcke, David J. Margolis, and Fritjof Helmchen ; Trends in Neuroscience 2013 (link)
5) A Biophysically Detailed Model of Neocortical Local Field Potentials Predicts the Critical Role of Active Membrane Currents Michael W. Reimann, Costas A. Anastassiou, Rodrigo Perin, Sean L. Hill, Henry Markram, and Christof Koch ; Nature Neuroscience 2013 (link)
6) Optogenetic Inhibition of Synaptic Release with Chromophore-Assisted Light Inactivation (CALI) John Y. Lin, Sharon B. Sann, Keming Zhou, Sadegh Nabavi, Christophe D. Proulx, Roberto Malinow, Yishi Jin, and Roger Y. Tsien ; Nature Neuroscience 2013 (link)
7) Oscillatory activity in the monkey hippocampus during visual exploration and memory formation Michael J. Jutras, Pascal Fries, and Elizabeth A. Buffalo ; PNAS 2013 (link)
8) In vivo synaptic recovery following optogenetic hyperstimulation Maike Kittelmann, Jana F. Liewald, Jan Hegermann, Christian Schultheis, Martin Braunerd, Wagner Steuer Costa, Sebastian Wabnig, Stefan Eimer, and Alexander Gottschalk ; PNAS 2013 (link)
9) Synthesizing cognition in neuromorphic electronic systems Emre Neftci, Jonathan Binas, Ueli Rutishauser, Elisabetta Chicca, Giacomo Indiveri, and Rodney J. Douglas ; PNAS 2012 (link)
10) How the Visual Brain Encodes and Keeps Track of Time Paolo Salvioni, Micah M. Murray, Lysiann Kalmbach, and Domenica Bueti ; J Neuroscience 2013 (link)
11) Developmental Changes in Structural and Functional Properties of Hippocampal AMPARs Parallels the Emergence of Deliberative Spatial Navigation in Juvenile Rats Margaret G. Blair, Nhu N.-Q. Nguyen, Sarah H. Albani, Matthew M. L’Etoile, Marina M. Andrawis, Leanna M. Owen, Rodrigo F. Oliveira, Matthew W. Johnson, Dianna L. Purvis, Erin M. Sanders, Emily T. Stoneham, Huaying Xu, and Theodore C. Dumas ; J Neuroscience 2013 (link)
12) Feedforward Inhibition Underlies the Propagation of Cholinergically Induced Gamma Oscillations from Hippocampal CA3 to CA1 Rita Zemankovics, Judit M. Veres, Iris Oren, and Norbert Ha ́jos ; J Neuroscience 2013 (link)
13) Key Features of Human Episodic Recollection in the Cross-Episode Retrieval of Rat Hippocampus Representations of Space Eduard Kelemen, Andre ́ A. Fenton ; PLoS Biolody 2013 (link)